Get Help

First Steps to getting the help you need

Thank you for contacting us. We work to help you in a crisis. When you are struggling to provide food for yourself and family we will be there to help.

1. How to obtain a referral voucher

Firstly you have to obtain a referral form from one of the local agencies in Carlisle.  If you have a regular contact with one of our Referral Agencies, for instance the Citizens’ Advice Bureau, Law Centre, Unity, Gateway, etc, your support worker will refer you to us if they think you are eligible. If you have no regular care worker you should contact the Central Access Point to the rear of the YMCA at Shaddongate, telephone 01228 221548 or Local Welfare Assistance on 01228 221100.  The agency will talk to you about your situation and if appropriate issue you with a foodbank voucher.

Here is a link to most of the Agencies we work with at Carlisle Foodbank.


2.  Coming to Carlisle Foodbank with your voucher

You can find our address and the opening times of the centre at the bottom of this page.  Please check before coming as we may change these times at Bank Holidays.  When you arrive you will be greeted by our trained staff.  We will discuss any dietary requirements you have before supplying you with food.  Please note we will not provide you with any food unless you bring your voucher with you.  Each parcel contains three days supply of emergency food.  Click here for details of a typical food parcel.  Once the parcel is prepared it will be placed in a carrier bag for you to take away.  If you wish you may bring your own bag.

If you have any further questions the FAQ’s page may help